Seekonk OUI Lawyer
If you are looking for an OUI Lawyer near Seekonk, Attorney DelSignore is familiar with arresting from the Seekonk police department as well as the Court Process in Taunton District Court, where your case will be heard.
An OUI arrest from Seekonk will heard at the Taunton District Court, located at 40 Broadway Street, Taunton, Massachusetts 02780.
Seekonk DUI Lawyer Michael DelSignore represents clients facing drunk driving charges brought by the Seekonk police department.
Many charged with OUI in Seekonk may have questions about the consequences to their license as it is common for individuals to have a Rhode Island license as the town boards Rhode Island. A Motorist with out-of-state license should understand the license consequences both in the State where the arrest occurred and in their home state.
What are some of the ways we win cases in Taunton District Court?
At DelSignore Law, We have had great success in Taunton District Court. Here are some of the key components that can result in a not guilty verdict at trial.
- Often a State or local police officer will claim that you were driving erratically; At DelSignore Law, we routinely will go to the area of the stop to make sure that the road is the way the officer claims in the report. By looking carefully at the details, it often reveals that the police report is overstated. Attorney DelSignore won a case recently where the judge reviewed a photo showing that there was a curb that separated the road and the tree that the officer claims the client almost hit. On cross examination, it was shown to the officer and argued to the judge that almost hitting the tree would have meant hitting the curb. The judge found this persuasive in having reasonable doubt.
- Do you have any medical issues that explain lack of balance; many people have a bad knee, back or health problems that can explain a lack of balance on field sobriety tests.
- In some cases, evidence that is stated in the report can be found to be inadmissible after a hearing; Attorney DelSignore will pursue all of your legal rights in court and Constitutional defenses.
What will happen to my License if I do not have a Massachusetts license?
For example, if you accept a plea of a CWOF in Massachusetts and have a Rhode Island License, while the Massachusetts Court will issue a suspension for 45 days, your license is likely to be suspended for Three Months in Rhode Island based on the conviction. The suspension could be longer but would typically be three months if you took a breath test; if you refused a breath test you will generally face a six month license loss.
Further, unlikely a Massachusetts resident, you would not be eligible for a hardship license through the RMV, but would have to go to the Board of Appeals to apply for a hardship license.Attorney DelSignore has had recent case results with the Seekonk Police Department...
- ...including a.10 breath test that came into evidence; the client was found not guilty after a jury trial.
- ...Attorney DelSignore also had a client found not guilty after a head-one accident on Country Street in Seekonk.
What do I need to know about the Seekonk Police Department when facing an arrest?
The Seekonk police department records the booking process; however, the department will only preserve the video for 15 days.
Accordingly, it is important to hire an attorney immediately to make a motion with the court ordering the Seekonk police department to preserve any video tape evidence. This video evidence is often helpful in defending an OUI charge.
About the Taunton District Court:
The Taunton District Court hears criminal cases against defendants in Seekonk and the surrounding areas, including:
About Seekonk OUI Lawyer Michael DelSignore
As an experienced and aggressive Seekonk DUI lawyer, Michael DelSignore will work for the best outcome possible in your case by challenging evidence, including Massachusetts breathalyzer examinations and field sobriety tests, and will explains the steps necessary to defend your case.
Attorney DelSignore has of offices located at:
120 North Main Street, Suite 219A, Attleboro, Massachusetts;
448 County Street New Bedford, MA
and also has a Rhode Island and Stoughton, Massachusetts office as well.
Call or Text Attorney DelSignore at 781-686-5924 to schedule an appointment or to hear more case results.
You can also check out these pages for further information on an OUI charge: