Being charged with a sex crime offense is a very serious devastating thing. You could be charged with indecent assault and battery, rape, statutory rape, and possession of child pornography which can have severe consequences. This includes jail time, length and restrictive probationary conditions, and sex offense registration requirements. Along with that being charged with a sex crime can be very damaging to your reputation along with impacting your families life and your livelihood.
The first thing you need to do if charged with a sex crime is find a highly skilled attorney experienced in the field.
Attorney DelSignore is a Massachusetts criminal defense attorney experienced at defending sex crime cases. A sex crime case involves a vigorous defense that will often require a careful and complete investigation prior to trial.
- Do not talk to anyone about your charges or case except your attorney, not even police because you do not want to incriminate yourself or give people a false interpretation of what happened
- Get as much education on the charges you are facing, regardless if your innocent or not
- Make sure your facts are straight and do not lie to your attorney because it will make things worse in the end, be truthful and straightforward and bring forth any evidence you have
- Realize the severity of what is going on and prepare for a long tough road, it is not going to be easy but with the right attorney you will get through it
- The number one thing you must do is, DO NOT contact the victim of the case! Leave your emotions out of it and let your attorney handle the case.
Types of sex offenses:
- Indecent assault and battery
- Lewd and lascivious conduct
- Open and gross lewdness
- Statutory rape
- Internet offenses, possession of child pornography
Common defenses in sex cases include:
- Fabrication by the alleged victim, a motive to fabricate charges for to gain some unrelated advantage, such as in a child custody situation, jealously, or revenge
- Mental incompetency on the part of the alleged victim
- Improper influence of parents or adults over alleged child sexual assault victims.
A sex crime case requires the presentation of a strong defense at the time of trial. Typically, sex crime cases involve obtaining medical records of the alleged victim, counseling records, and retaining the services of an investigation to interview witnesses. This helps to undermine the credibility of the alleged victim’s account of the incident.
Attorney DelSignore will be with you every step of the way with your case.
Typically the steps that occur are:
- The initial investigation
- Charges of criminal defense
- Bail hearing
- Plea negotiations and evidence finding (discussions with DA and Prosecutor)
- Criminal trial
- Investigations before sentencing
- Probation and parole
Attorney DelSignore will provide you a vigorous defense to any sex crime charges brought against you. He will explain the potential serious consequences; including jail time and sex offender registration, and will fight vigorously to defend your case at trial. When you have Attorney DelSignore on your side you will be 100% prepared for anything that comes your way, and you will have all your questions answered and never be lost along the way Call for a free consultation.