Frequently Asked Questions Regarding a Domestic Assault and Battery charge
For those charged with domestic assault and battery, below is a list of the most commonly asked questions regarding this charge. If you do not find the answer to your question on this website, feel free to call or send an email through this website and I would be happy to answer your question over the telephone.
Many charged with a domestic assault and battery offense wonder what the immigration consequences are. In the below question, you will learn what impact a domestic assault and battery conviction may have on your Green Card Status, Visa Status or attempt to become a United States Citizen.
For some professions and career opportunities, whether you have a felony or misdemeanor on your record can have a major impact. A domestic assault charge could be either a felony or a misdemeanor and in the below question, you will learn how to discover what type of offense you are charged with.
If you have a criminal record, bail could be an issue in your case; you should understand what a Bail Argument or Bail Hearing could entail at your first court date.
This is the most common question asked by those charged. This question is answered below. I have also written a Special Report that addresses this topic that you can download on this page.
- Can I be Held Without Bail for a Domestic Assault and Battery?
- How Long Will it Take for a Domestic Assault and Battery Charge in Massachusetts to be Resolved in Court?
- Right of Self Defense in a Massachusetts Assault and Battery Charge
- What are the Immigration Consequences of a Domestic Assault and Battery Charge in Massachusetts?
- What are the Penalties for Strangulation When Charged With a Domestic Assault and Battery in Massachusetts?
- What Happens if I am Charged With Domestic Assault and Battery for Striking a Child?
- What Happens If You are Charged With Violating a 209A Restraining Order for A Facebook Post?
- When is a Domestic Assault and Battery a Felony or Misdemeanor in Massachusetts?
- Will a Domestic Assault and Battery Charge be Dismissed if My Wife Does not Wish to Press Charges?
- Will Bail be Required if I am Charged With Domestic Assault and Battery in Massachusetts?
- What Happens if I am Charged with Assault and Battery on a Family or Household Member in Massachusetts?