Massachusetts RMV Lawyer
The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles can be very frustrating and difficult to navigate. At DelSignore Law, we are very familiar with the process and have helped countless individuals get their license back after receiving a suspension from the Massachusetts RMV.
There are two avenues to get your license back; first, is to see a hearing officer at the RMV and the second is to file an appeal with the Board of Appeals. When you attempt to get your license back at the RMV, make sure you go to a full service RMV with hearing officers. At DelSignore Law, we recommend you go to Boston as they always have hearing officers. The local RMV branches can be short hearing officers at time.
Here are the types of matters that the RMV can approve reinstatement on:
- 1st offense OUI hardship.
- 2nd Offense hardship after any refusal suspension expired and you waited one year after any refusal suspension expired. If there was a breath test, one year from the date of the plea.
- License reinstatement after a suspension period has passed.
- Any appeal of a breath test refusal must go to the RMV.
The Board of Appeals is the best way to get your license back in these types of situations:
- Immediate threat Suspension
- 2nd offense OUI suspension prior to one year expiring from the date of the plea.
- 3rd offense OUI hardship suspension
- Out of State suspensions for reckless driving that trigger a suspension in Massachusetts.
At DelSignore Law, we have been able to restore and help people get back on the road. The RMV can be difficult to understand. Learn how to get your license back by calling or texting us at 781-686-5924.
Here you will see some of the examples of people who are back behind the wheel with our help:
- Client accepted a guilty plea in Virginia to reckless driving; the Massachusetts RMV issued a suspension; we had it overturned at the Board of Appeals as the Virginia Reckless driving state is different from the Massachusetts law.
- Second Offense OUI hardships awarded early. We have had several clients in the last six months receive their license back prior to serving one-half of the second OUI suspension. These clients did have to serve any suspension for breath test refusal.