Mobile Icons

Text DelSignore Law at 781-686-5924 with your name and what kind of charge you are texting regarding.

Juvenile Criminal Defense

What happens if your son or daughter received a notice to appear at the Juvenile Court in Massachusetts. Anytime a Juvenile receives a notice for a court date, one of the parents must appear at the court date. While Juvenile offenses can be very serious, known as Youthful Offender Offenses, many Juvenile case can be resolved favorably.

What cases are heard in the Juvenile Court in Massachusetts?

The Juvenile Court has jurisdiction over children between the ages of seven and seventeen who are accused of violations of a city ordinance or municipal or state law. The Juvenile Court also has jurisdiction over “juveniles” with unresolved cases who have reached the age of 17.

What is the purpose of the Juvenile Court and why you may be able to have your child resolve the case without a Delinquency finding or Conviction

Under Massachusetts G.L. c. 119, §52, the purpose of the Juvenile Court is to help the child learn fro the experience and approximate the punishment that the parent should have given the child. Juvenile offenders are often given an opportunity to enter in to a program, learn from the experienced and given different diversionary options to avoid conviction. The goal of the Juvenile court system is to rehabilitate the child rather than to punish the child with most offenses.

What Diversionary programs are available?

When a Juvenile is charged, in some cases there is the possibility of entering into a diversionary program that address the conduct raised in the allegations for criminal complaint. Diversion could include: community service, attending counseling, treatment that address the program raised, or payment of restitution. When diversion is successfully completed, no formal criminal charge is issued..

Reforms to the Juvenile Court system that benefit Juvenile’s Charged

Recent reforms to Massachusetts criminal laws have benefited Juvenile with the goal of having Juvenile’s avoid criminal charges for minor offenses.

Many crimes have been decriminalized:. This treat the crime as a civil offense.. If your son or daughter is charged with a Juvenile Offense, call DelSignore Law to discuss how the case can be handled and ways to avoid having the criminal charges issued. You can reach us at 781-686-5924.

Client Reviews
Michael was very professional and explained the process clearly and told us to be patient. After one year the charges got dismissed in the trial. Excellent knowledge of the court systems in the area of Boston. Would highly recommend him Ashwani
A careless decision on my part left me facing charges which would have severely hampered my ability to stay employed and support myself. But attorney DelSignore's skillful analysis and challenging of the evidence against me resulted in a conviction on a lesser charge. Now I'll be able to go on with my life, having learned a lesson I'll never forget. Thank you, Michael. Scott
Mike stuck with my case for 3.5 years and always kept me informed regarding the status. Ultimately, because of his due diligence, we ended up with an OUI not guilty verdict. This case could have gone many ways but his thorough review of the case and exceptional preparedness for trial ultimately drove a positive outcome. Thank you Mike! David
Michael DelSignore did an amazing job with my case! He was always available to answer any questions I had and helped walked me through the entire process. I could not have done it without them! I highly recommend choosing this law firm to deal with your legal needs, you will not be dissatisfied. Ashley
I cannot express the gratitude towards Michael for his amazing work and help. It was a very stressful event and they certainly put me at as much ease as possible. From start to finish it took 14 months and all the way through they were both very engaged with me. Today was worth the wait, Michael was great in court and I was rightfully found not guilty. I would recommend Michael over and over again. Claire