Massachusetts OUI Roadblocks
3 REASONS WHY OUI ROADBLOCK ARRESTS CAN RESULT IN A NOT GUILTY VERDICT
Roadblock cases typically have many defenses at trial, but there are also legal defenses that should be raised and can result in the dismissal of a case.
Understand the importance of the initial greeting in a DUI arrest at a roadblock.
A DUI roadblock is when police officers stop every vehicle at a fixed point. After being stopped, an initial screening officer will approach your car and greet you. The greeting is supposed to be short and brief; if it deviates from what is required by the State police plan, this could be a basis of having the charge dismissed at a motion to suppress hearing.
What is the Officer looking for in deciding whether to send me into the pit area?
While speaking to you, the officer is looking to see if your eyes are blood shot and glassy, if there is any odor of alcohol on your breath or any other signs of drunk driving such as open containers of alcohol. Often an officer will attempt to obtain admission of drinking.
Can the evidence be suppressed?
Since the initial greeting at a roadblock must be brief, according to the State police plan, a Massachusetts DUI lawyer can attempt to have the evidence from the stop suppressed based on
- The initial Screening officer deviating from the State police plan in greeting you at the initial checkpoint.
- Not having reasonable suspicion to direct you from the follow of traffic.
- Not complying with all of the details required by the Courts in conducting a roadblock.
Since a Roadblock is an extraordinary infringement upon the Constitution, being stopped for no reason at all, the police must comply strictly with the criteria set forth by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
This provides many legal defenses to your case.
I was arrested at a roadblock. What should I Do now?
If you were arrested at an OUI Roadblock, you should download Attorney DelSignore’s Free Special Report Regarding OUI Roadblock Arrests by clicking here.
If you have questions, please feel free to call 781-686-5924 or 508-455-4755 to discuss your case.To Learn more about defending Roadblocks case, you can click on the below link or download Attorney DelSignore Special Report on Defending Roadblock Arrest
- Massachusetts DUI Roadblocks Common Throughout Holiday Season Roadblocks were a regular sight throughout Massachusetts over the holiday weekend - and they will continue to be through the end of the year. ....
- Massachusetts DUI Watch: Route 24 Enforcement One Hot Spot this Labor Day Weekend At least six more OUI arrests in Massachusetts have occurred along Route 24 since authorities announced increased enforcement in the wake of a string ....
- Massachusetts DUI Roadblock arrest involving fleeing motorist Fleeing a Lawrence DUI roadblock has resulted in assault charges and complications for one man's Massachusetts DUI defense team - not to mention it ....