Being charged with a sex offense, of indecent assault and battery, rape, statutory rape, possession of child pornography, can have severe consequences, including jail time, length and restrictive probationary conditions and sex offense registration requirements.
Attorney DelSignore is a Massachusetts criminal defense attorney experienced at defending sex cases. A sex case involves a vigorous defense that will often require a careful and complete investigation prior to trial.
Types of sex offenses:
- Indecent assault and battery
- Lewd and lascivious conduct
- Open and gross lewdness
- Statutory rape
- Internet offenses, possession of child pornography
Common defenses in sex cases include:
- Fabrication by the alleged victim, a motive to fabricate charges for to gain some unrelated advantage, such as in a child custody situation, jealously, or revenge
- Mental incompetency on the part of the alleged victim
- Improper influence of parents or adults over alleged child sexual assault victims.
A sex case requires the presentation of a strong defense at the time of trial. Typically, sex cases involve obtaining medical records of the alleged victim, counseling records and retaining the services of an investigation to interview witnesses to undermine the credibility of the alleged victim’s account of the incident.
Attorney DelSignore will provide you a vigorous defense to any sex charges brought against you, explain the potential serious consequences, including jail time and sex offender registration and will fight vigorously to defend your case at trial. Call for a free consultation.